Most businesses need to register with the provinces where they plan to do business.
A BC sole proprietorship is registered with BC OneStop and is owned by one owner. It is the simplest form of business registration to start a business.
After the registration process you will receive a Statement of registration issues by the BC Registries which will be sufficient to acquire City/Municipality permits & licenses, setup a bank account and to operate the business.
A sole proprietorship can generally conduct most types of businesses as well as the actions necessary to conduct the business, like entering into contracts and setting up a bank account to receive cheques and other types of payments & transactions necessary for running a business.
It is the right choice if you are a single owner business
- Business name registration
- Trade name registration
Who can register:
- Anyone can register a Sole Proprietorship.
- Currently there is no citizenship or residency requirement
What is required to register a Sole Proprietorship:
- A name approval number from BC Registries for the sole proprietorship.
- A physical address or street address in the Province of British Columbia where the business is to be carried on.
- Name and address of the business owner. This can be an individual or a corporation.
What you get
After registering the Sole Proprietorship, you will receive the following as pdf documents by email:
We offer 3 Service Queues. Processing time varies based on the availability of the business name approval at the time of placing this order.
Option 1. We submit the name approval to B.C.
- Regular Queue: Sole Proprietorship registration in 4 weeks.
- Express Queue: Sole Proprietorship registration in 2 weeks.
- Super-Express Queue: Sole Proprietorship registration in 1 business day.
Option 2. You already have a Name approved from B.C.
- Regular Queue: Sole Proprietorship registration in 10 business days.
- Express Queue: Sole Proprietorship registration in 2 business days.
- Super-Express Queue: Sole Proprietorship registration in 2 business HOURS.